Sunday, April 20, 2014

What a beautiful day!!

Easter.  Getting ready to go to mom and dad's.  It's the first really real warm spring day.  Our windows flung open.  What a difference sunshine makes.

Yesterday, at work, I couldn't get a hold of Luther.  I knew he was sleeping late.  By 12:30, I was worried.  I called my parents and asked them to check on him.

Luther stays in the basement, which I know sounds awful.  But it's a walk-out with big french doors.  He gets some of this awesome sunshine!!  But I had this vision of my parents peeking in the door like spies, catching Luther eating lunch.

I've mentioned this before, my family is the best.  When I called, worried, no questions asked, my parents buzzed over to the house to check on him.

He was still sleeping.  They all had a little chat, my parents hauled the deck furniture from under the deck up to the deck and left.

It did make me realize Luther and I need a system.  Not sure what that is quite yet.  We're getting the "help, I've fallen and can't get up" thing.  You need a land line, though, so we're getting that re-installed.  I worry though, that he can't lift his arms or grip - so how does he lift his arms to press a button??   Once he's in a wheelchair, he'll be able to press buttons on the chair with his knees or his toes.

Anyways, I'm rambling about stuff that doesn't need to be rambled about this sunny afternoon.  My green bean hotdish is ready to come out of the oven.  Time to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment