Friday, October 23, 2015

How do you know?

Luther just told me he thinks he's near the end.

What the heck?  What?  I'm scared out of my mind.  A few hours ago, we were laughing, having a nice evening. 

Now, he thinks he doesn't have much time left.  He thinks his body is shutting down.  

I don't even know what to think.  Other than I should stop typing and go figure out what's going on.   Be with him.

Every night I think:  tomorrow's a new day.

Please let tomorrow be a new day.

update:  12:27 a.m. --  This was a moment.  He's ok.  He still hurts all over.  He's a frugal medicine taker... I'm all about meds making me feel better but he'll only take what's prescribed...  I gave him an extra muscle relaxer and he seems more relaxed, not as anxious.  Plus he wants to eat.  He's thrown up a couple times today :(  :(    That landed him in the hospital twice back in July.  But he's ready to eat some ice cream now.

update #2 - Sunday - It's a quiet day.  Luther feels much better. Still sore but in a good mood.  Luther and the new dog, Mia are sleeping.  I'm so happy she's becoming his lap buddy!  

I've been a momma bear since Friday night - watching over him, making sure he's breathing.  I'm wiped out emotionally and mentally.  I know I have to get mentally prepared for this kind of stuff.  How do you do that???

Luther was talking to me earlier this afternoon and I fell asleep as he was telling me something about football.  That's tired!!

We'll figure it out.  We always do - sometimes it just takes some doing.



No comments:

Post a Comment