Thursday, November 12, 2015

Day 1 - Gratitude

      grat·i·tude
ˈ            ɡradəˌt(y)o͞od/
                noun
  1.            the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
               "she expressed her gratitude to the committee for their support"
              synonyms:gratefulness, thankfulness, thanksappreciation, indebtedness; 

Gratitude - Day One
Ok, I'll just get it out there.  I woke up today in a pretty sh*tty mood.  Second really cold day, gray, rainy.  I was tired.  I never get a lot of sleep.  4-5 hours, usually interrupted.  My therapist mentioned if I just got a week or two of normal sleep, I probably wouldn't need therapy!!  

Recently, this past weekend, someone from an ALS group I'm in online died.  His wife posted this sentiment from his Facebook page:  when he was six years old, he would wear his shoes to bed because he was so excited for the next day to start!  He wanted to hit the ground running.  

That made me smile and it made me think about how I need to rethink!  I tend to drag around in the morning - hard to get started. Maybe it's time to get out of bed and enjoy the day.  






My gratitude today is the fact I have an awesome husband who is patient, kind, smart. Through all of this, he's been a rock.  My life preserver.  When he should be the one falling apart, he's constant. 

I should say that the stuff I say in this blog is NOT the stuff I say to him.  With him, I'm (usually) happy.  I use the blog to vent whine vent.  I do discuss the more serious stuff with him - the depression, the times I need help with his care.  Back to being grateful:  how lucky am I that we can face this awful illness together?   We're a good team.

No comments:

Post a Comment